Monday 16 September 2019

Induction MAPP 13th Sptember

After a bit of a rush to sort out Skype, as my laptop decided it wasn't going to hear anyone, I started the call a bit flustered and apprehensive. but ended very positive and exited about getting started.

Adesola's introduction to Unihub was very helpful; I'm sure it will take a while to get to know it and utilise all the areas effectively, but at we now have a good starting point.

It was great to hear from students who have already completed the first unit - It was interesting to hear about how useful the blogging process is, both as reflection and connection to other peoples ideas. Being new to blogs it feels a bit alien at the moment but I'm sure it will become inherent in my learning process in time.

I would have liked to have more of an introduction to the other students (especially those just starting)  but I image that will come later.

'Focus on what you know and enrich it' was my favourite piece of advise - I thought I had a clear idea about my particular area of research, but just over one weekend I have become a little overwhelmed by the many possible pathways of research opening up to me - If I keep circling back to what I know I think it will help the path I choose going forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment