Monday 9 November 2020

Hello From Your Student Voice Representative!

 As some of you know I am your Student Voice Representative - I'm sure some of you are thinking really? What does she do? and in truth I also feel a little like that.

When I spoke to Adesola this week, we discussed that when I leave at the end of this module, the course will need a new student voice. I explained that I didn't really think I had made any difference and that perhaps this was because there was only me. Maybe if there was a dialogue with others, then more useful things would come out of it. If nothing else, it means there is someone else there to remind you that things need doing!

So, between us we wondered if it would be a good idea to have three student voices, one form each module. That way, someone can be proactive in any changes or help needed in each module, but they have the benefit of other people to talk to who have already been through that process. It would also make the process more organic; when the module three student leaves, two others (joined by a new module one student) would still be there to continue any actions that needed taking. As it is, it's a little like reinventing the wheel each year.

If anyone from module two and module one would be happy to take on the role, could you let me know, I'd be happy to have a chat about it. It is not a demanding role, but equally important to help the students and the course be the best version it can be.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Stella, I am currently on Module 1 and enjoying the fact that although I feel I am an "Activist" I am actually finding that I am able to reflect and find subjects to write about. I am willing to take on the role of Student voice leader for Module one if you haven't received any other volunteers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kym
    That's great. I will let Helen and Adesola know. If you fancy a chat my email is in the student voice folder. I can't put it on here because it is public. Speak soon!

    ReplyDelete